Ladies and gentleman we are going on a strike or lock-out
View Single Post
07-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by
From Renaud Lavoie Twitter
46% of revenue to the players instead of 57% right now
max length of contracts 5 years
no more arbitration
entry level contract 5 years instead of 3
you need to be in the NHL 10 years before free agency...
if there is any truth to this, we may look at hard hard negociations...
- % of revenues : hard to guess this one or to have an opinion. Decreasing from 57 to 52-53 should be enough for this negociation. Aiming at 50-50 the next time.
- Max. length of contracts 5 years : That one is mandatory. No more stupid contracts leading players to 40 years old when they're 25-27 ! In European soccer, 5 years contracts are the max. length.
- No more arbitration : Who cares, really ? It's less and less used nowadays...
- 5 years entry level contracts : No, this one is not needed. Better the 5 years limit to all contracts and upping the UFA age.
- 10 NHL years before free agency : I'd add, "or being 30 years old". This one will be hard to get. If I had to choose between this one and the length of contracts capped to 5 years, I'd choose the length of contracts capped. Getting 2 or even 1 year on free agency should be good enough.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by StanAjax