View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 09:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
I doubt we sign another defensement, we already have 8 (with Diaz), if we are in need of more, we're gonna take from the bulldogs
If the Habs go with 8 D, I'd like to see them sign another veteran D for Hamilton as injuries are going to hit so if the Dogs lose St-Denis for any length, then the oldest D we'd have would be Nash who has played 1 full season so far (although he is 25 at least). There's Kyle Hagel as well but I don't know that much about him so not sure if he ends up in the ECHL or not as he barely played last season and they do have some bodies with Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Nash, St-Denis, Pateryn, Stejskal. But would still like to see them add if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Vole View Post
I'm convined Emelin will be Top 4 next year, watching him throughout the season you could see his game improve as he adjusted. The thing that sealed it for me was his preformance during the world's, he was relied upon heavily and he came through.

Our D depth is fine, we have a Kaberle as our 5th D thats a Luxury most teams don't have. The only issue is lack of RH handed shot on the PP, fingers crossed that Weber develops into that
Not sure how they will work the D this year but my guess would be something like this if all healthy,

Gorges Subban
Markov Diaz
Emelin Cube
Kabs Weber

Or at least that's what I hope as i personally do not want to see Kabs/Weber in the lineup, so the less I see them the better.

The problem is having someone play their off side. I'd rather see Emelin stay on his natural left side, I know he can play RD but I'd rather see him play at the side he looks best at since he should be a part of the Habs future on defense. But if the Cube can't handle playing his off side then Emelin may have to unless they go with Weber.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote