View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
ya I'm not saying we should do it that many times. Just making the general point. In theory, we won't need to keep bringing in new wings forever right? If we can get one more 30 goal scorer and one more 40-50 point mucker ala Kunitz I'll be perfectly content with out wing situation.

Exactly. I think we simply need ONE, immediate, and hopefully long-term guy to fill the first-line wing role. Shero knows that, too, and that's why he went after Parise.

We will have Kunitz for another two years, and I'm expecting that at least Dupuis and possibly also Cooke re-sign, and I also believe we'll re-sign Kennedy, unless he's moved as part of a deal to land an elite guy.

With Bennett probably only 1 year away, guys like Kuhnhackl & Hanowski possibly pushing for jobs in 2 years, and Archibald, Agostino, Wilson & Marcantuoni over the next 2 to 3 years, we have a lot of guys coming through the pipeline that could be really, really good complimentary players (along with Tangardi & Jeffrey right now).

I think all we need is that one player now who can be Crosby's "Neal", and together comprise 2/3rds of a really good top-line. All the remaining spots will be able to be filled internally from the players we have coming through our system.