View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I can say the same thing.

Without Brad Pitt around, I could marry Angelina Jolie.

What you stated and what I just posted are just pure fantasy. Wishful thinking with no basis in reality.

Owners want to lose games? OK, that is getting on the verge of delusional conspiracy.

Why dont you start your own hockey team with fan support if you make it out to be that easy? Find a million fans who are willing to raise the half billion $$$ or so that you need to establish a team (gotta build that really good arena). Good luck and get after it.........(but once you do, you will find that you will begin to worry about revenues and expenses........just like those evil owners )
Demonstrate a feasible scenario where you could get Jolie if Pitt didn't exist and you'd have a point.

As it is I can point directly to a very successful existing sports league that runs this way. Or in North America I can point to the Green Bay Packers. My counter example exists and is successful in real life not fantasy.

For a sports league to work players are necessary, fans are necessary. Wealthy single owners not so much.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote