View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Absolutely agree as well. Problem is...where is that winger going to come from? FA's are slim unless you consider Doan or Semin. And I honestly do not think we have the assets to make a trade.

A top 4 dman and Staal were our best tradable assets...and we ultimately got little for them. Sutter is awesome yes, and Dumoulin and Puliot are gonna be valuable in a couple years....but the Michalek trade hurt us...and hurt us bad. Unless someone thinks there was another stud in camp that can take Top 4 minutes outside of Despres...

Letang-Despres
Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Engo

One of Orpik or Martin could be expendable...

Letang-Despres
Orpik-Niskanen
Strait-Engo

Perhaps? Martin + TK + whatever for a wing. Setoguchi?

Only way Martin or Niskanen get moved is if Shero has had a chance to really watch Strait, Bort, Despres and possibly Dumoulin. Those are all 20min guys and he'd have to be damn confident in a young D stepping up to move one.

I don't think Morrow gets much of a chance unless Letang gets hurt. Same goes for Dumoulin. We'd have to have a few injuries before he gets much of a shot.

Only way Orpik goes is if another physical D comes back (same trade, or another trade). Would still love to get Hejda.

The unfortunate part of having a lot of D is that there's only 6-7 roster spots for them, and developing them is a *****. At least for a contending team. There's times I wish we had the option of making a few trades, and dressing Dumoulin, Despres, Strait and having Bort as the 7th guy. And while I still think we'd make the playoffs, I don't think we'd go very far...