View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 03:04 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
A slapshot is more than raw potential and wasting a year of development in prep school. From what I hear Sullivan barely is a hockey player at this point.

I don't think Nygren will ever play in North America though.
I think it's silly to say he "wasted" a year playing in the USHS, but it's downright stupid to say he's barely a hockey player at this point as that doesn't make any sense at all. He was accepted to play for one of the best hockey programs in the NCAA and had offers from several other teams from what i heard. If he was barely a hockey player, the top programs in the NCAA would not want him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well I mean he was drafted because he's a great skater, which makes him a perfectly valid prospect to be fair, but I hear he has little hockey sense. Right now Nygren might not much but he already has a role in professional hockey, Sullivan is nothing but potential.

It was a nice pick for sure but I really don't like how he played last year in prep school and not the USHL or whatever.

For what it's worth, I could see Sullivan as a bigger version of Chris Campoli..which would be better than Nygren at this point.
I've only seen him once but I didnt see any problem with his hockey sense and think he's actually got good upside. Since he played at a lower level, I wouldn't rank him in the top 20 but if things go well at BC next season I could easily see him being in the top 20.

Sullivan is nothing like Campoli, he reminds me a bit of Mac Bennett (the played in the same Northeastern prep league, which is likely the 2nd best in the USHS behind Minnesota)