Thread: Confirmed with Link: Diaz signs 2 year deal with Montreal
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 03:30 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No harm for sure....that is if we don't acquire a top 4 before the start of the season which we should be thinking of doing. Then, we might have no problem carrying 8 D....but will he? I mean, let say no injuries...that means he's never playing. While he probably thought his career was about to go all up since last year, it would be exactly the other way around which I then see him asking to be accomodated. ESPECIALLY since the guy sees who is in Hamilton. Now, we will evidently make him understand that it won't be easy....but we did accomodate Ben Maxwell and a couple of others. We might be able to do so with Weber for another struggling prospects or a pick. There has to be some jobs open in this league. Strangely, more than in Montreal. And this organization loves to accomodate people.
I had wanted a top 4 big, physical defensive D-man, as well, then MB signed Cubes. Got to thinking, Markov, Gorges, and PK are in our top 4 so only one spot open for the next couple of years. Im guessing Emelin, in the long run, will not be satisfied being a bottom pairing guy and so if he cant do that in Montreal in the next 2 years Id think hed either go to another team or back to the KHL. From MBs view, who wouldnt want Emelin earning top 4 minutes so hes out there longer to destroy more people ? Just thinking maybe MB is giving Emelin a year to show he can take over the top 4 role that I suppose Cubes will have or share with somebody this season. So maybe thats why MB didnt sign a top 4 UFA because such a player, as we saw , would want a multi-year contract, and for multi-millions.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote