View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Schalkenullvier*

vCash: 500
Hamburg is an interesting topic... over the years, I got the impression that their managers were amazing salesmen, but poor buyers.. I mean they bought players like Westermann for 7,5mil, Kacar for 5mil, Berg for 10mil, Jansen cost a lot of money too... all these deals seemed somewhat reasonable at the time, but seem pretty bad up to now. They have somehow managed to keep a balanced transfer budget over the years (selling de jong for 20mil did help), but still it's worrysome to have such glaring holes in the roster when you're spending that much.

Their goalkeeping seems very good now... if adler can return to form he's amazing obviously, and if he sucks or gets injured drrobny is a capable bundesliga goalie.

That defense.. I'd be scared if I was a HSV fan. Aogo is very good, and Diekmeier has his deficiencies at defense but has decent offensive tools, so I'd say their fullbacks are better than average easily. CB though... Mancienne and Brouma looked quite bad last season when I saw them, and Westermann looked no better than average. I think they kinda have to hope Westermann remembers how he played for schalke, or that the two chelsea talents break out. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Their defensive midfield doesn't look like it can help out the CBs immensely either, though Im pretty high on Rincon. Kacar is a big question mark, has potential for sure.

I like their attacking midfield, Jansen (the guy always reminds me of jordan staal) is good when healthy, Beister should be a great addition and Töre has shown terrific flashes. Torun and Illicevic are termendous bench options. The problem that I see is, who will they put at center?

Strikers I think are a glaring hole... Son was highly touted, but disappointed somewhat (I think), Berg was also a big talent that struggled a lot... the talent is there with both of them, but I wouldn't feel too good with no real striker to rely on. I'd have kept petric, although I heard a lot of animosity towards him by HSV fans.

Right now, I'd say HSV will finish around mid-table, just missing out on european spot..8th or 9th.