Thread: Speculation: CBA Negotiations
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 07:57 PM
CTU2fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
This is going to get ugly real fast. Some say that this is just a tactic, but when negotiations for the last CBA took place, the NHL didn't budge from their stance on anything. That's the way to look at this. They aren't going to budge on a reduction of the revenue split between owners and players. They aren't going to budge on free agency. They aren't going to budge on redefining hockey revenue. They aren't going to budge on entry level contracts and actual contract lengths.

The last time around, the owners wanted cost certainty. They got it. The last time around, they wanted entry level contracts limited. They got it. The last time around, in order to achieve a bonus, you had to basically tear up the record books. They got it. This isn't about negotiations anymore. This is about dictating to the players what the owners want. The owners can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know about anyone else, but I called this the last time when the last CBA was signed - this was never a partnership and that the next CBA negotiations, owners were going to demand even more concessions from the players. We're witnessing it. I hope nobody expects the owners to move from their demands because they certainly didn't the last time around.......
Couldn't agree more. Last time they killed a whole season and got put on pedestals because of how well they did and how they killed the players. Now here we are again and the CBA they wanted, that they utterly killed the NHLPA on, apparently still isn't good enough. Our only hope is that the competitive owners can create some dissention; it's frustrating when these things come up and we're all at the mercy not of the owners as a group, but that faction of cheap owners of poorly run franchises in crap markets who seem to think the weak should be setting the pace.