View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 10:05 PM
HockeyFan87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Plekanec really doesn't avoid contact completely, he just isn't very effective in it. I never understand it when people who watch this team regularly say Plekanec avoids the corners and net, he's not enthusiastically crashing into everything but that's because his game is about speed, positioning and stickwork and when you play significantly more time than any other forward on your team and are undersized without being built like a tank, you can't afford to be hitting into everything.
I think you're trying to find excuses to explain his lack of willingness to get his nose dirtier if you ask me. I've watched Plekanec play with the team since the first game he played with them back in 2003-2004. What I mean is he doesn't engage physically often enough to have any sort of impact when the tougher get going. He seems like a nice guy but he definitely avoid too much playing along the boards, I'm not talking about playing a power forward game here. Players like David Krejci and Patrick Kane, to name a few, play a similar game to him and they don't mind getting their noses dirtier when they have to. I think deep inside, people know that. They just don't want to admit it to themselves.

Rarely have I seen him playing consistently the cycle game since he joined the team. His playing style should not prevent him to play a bit more along the boards. IF he is not able to do that, then he definitely isn't a player you're going to win with in the playoffs where the game becomes way more tighter than in the season.

HockeyFan87 is offline   Reply With Quote