View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 10:16 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
I'm facing a similar situation although it involves jobs. I'm from Montreal and it goes without saying I bleed bleu blanc rouge. I went to undergrad at Queens and grad at Waterloo. So all in all mostly Leafs nation.

Now that I'm applying to jobs, the two biggest sectors for my area of research are...

Bay area = no hockey (despite Cup) or PVR Center Ice IF i'm lucky

or

wait for it.....

boston FML. Just came back from there too since I've been going for interviews and stuff.

I'm literally depressed that I won't have RDS and won't be able to watch every game like I have for the past god knows how many years. And if it's Boston...wow...just wow. It's very easy, in fact a great feeling to wear your Habs jerseys in the toronto area. Not really the same in beantown.

As for the OP's question, going to Toronto is not a bad idea at all. It's close enough to home. I take the train to MTL so often and, like I said, it's easy being a Habs fan. It really is a question of the degree IMO. I don't know much about public affairs. If you've mostly lived in MTL, maybe it would be a nice change to go to U of T. It's a great school and will open up your network. If you have not lived in Montreal, McGill all the way!