View Single Post
Old
07-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
What if moving Gomez made it possible to sign Semin? I guess I'm just surprised by Habs fans flippant attitude about wasting $10M of someone else's money. You really think ownership would prefer to pay that to someone to not play than move it and use that cash on someone who can help the team, either now or next offseason? The Habs were the worst in the East and I don't see what they've done to change that. Galchenyuk's got question marks - is he expected to step in this year and produce or play a full year of jr?
The Yotes are looking for a top 9 center and play the tight defensive system and have some speedy wingers. I think I just want Langkow back at this point, but not at the $4.5M he made last year and we're a long way from the capfloor. Lombardi's my 2nd choice, because he had his best season under Tippett and would only cost a late round pick with one year left on his contract. I could be talked into Gomez at half the price or if MTL threw in a solid prospect, but otherwise I'm not interested and I wonder how Montreal improves next season.
In actuality it is the Hab's fans money, we just choose to allow Molson et al to preside over the festivities. Ownership has a lot less freedom to do their own thing here than elsewhere, maybe not in fact but more in the necessity of keeping peace and order.

Of the options available, I would say giving up a solid prospect would be the least desirable and I doubt it would go over very well.

A usable salary dump would probably be the most desirable, then shipping him off to the AHL and then re-entry waivers. A lot of Hab fans think there wouldn't be interest in him at half the salary but I disagree and it might be the best way just to get him off the roster.

I don't want Semin and I don't see management wanting him either, they seem to want character and sandpaper, of which Semin is neither.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote