Thread: Value of: Kevin Bieksa
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 01:56 AM
GoodbyeLuongo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
I want Bieksa off the Canucks as soon as possible. He is a terrible, terrible defenseman. He is extremely overrated and I will tell you why:

People think he's supposed to be a top 2/3 defenseman who is gritty, sticks up for his teammates, has a mean streak and can put up points while playing solid defense.

He is not gritty. Can't remember the last time he made a big hit.

He doesn't stick up for his teammates. When was the last time he dropped the gloves? He's not even good at it anyways. He's fought to a stalemate with fellow poor fighter M. Richards and I recall him getting his ass handed to him by Ben Eager in that Chicago linebrawl a few years back.

Mean streak is non-existent for the reasons mentioned above.

He may put up points and is coming off a career year offensively, but man is he brutal on the powerplay. He plays on the 2nd unit and all I ever see him do is casually log the puck up the ice, attempt a fancy move at the opposing blueline, only for him to fail and let the opposition get the puck. Can't even hit the side of a barn with his shot.

He is also atrocious defensively. His plus minus looks good but that is because he plays with an elite shutdown d-man in Dan Hamhuis. When he's paired with someone like Alex Edler he is always exposed for the bad defenseman he is with his boneheaded plays.

I do not understand the love he gets from the Vancouver community. He may be a good community guy, but so were guys like Naslund, Linden, Mitchell, and the Sedins.
Are you like watching his junior career? He's nasty and gritty back there. Your alone in wanting him gone. And he puts up good numbers offensively

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote