View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 06:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn won't be in North America this year. We'll have to wait and see if he's signed over the summer.

I'll try and clear up some things from this thread from what limited things I know. Zherdev was signed in time and his transfer fee paid, but CSKA refused to release him, which is a bunch of crap IMO, but I can't say I folllowed this story closely. Now from what I hear, Zherdev hasn't been playing well this year, so he's been getting limited ice time. I assume he got tired of that, as I heard he just left, but I haven't really read too much on it yet, so I don't know if he had permission or not, just that I got the impression he didn't have permission and just left.

Kastsitsyn was playing some 4th line for CSKA, at center and on the wing, but right now I am guessing he is sick, as he hasn't played for either team in a week and his coach is sick, so perhaps he couldn't dress, but who knows since I don't speak Russian, info is tough to come by. With Zherdev gone, there's still a lot of good young players on CSKA, so there's nothing to say that Kasty will get called back up in Zherdev's place.