Thread: Proposal: Kadri centering the 1st line?
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
Although i do want to see Kadri play center, I don't think he will be the effective on the first line with Kessel or Lupul. All three of these guys have shown that they have trouble defending against other top lines (Kadri hasn't really had the chance though). I have no worries that they would be effective for producing offense, but as of now, Bozak is still the better defender and more suited for the top line than Kadri.

I agree with the poster before that said Grabovski on the top line. Coach RW was so stubborn to never play his best winger and best center men on the same shift. Even when the KMG line was almost non-existent, if not for Grabovski, This line was rarely changed, and not for any real length of time. Grabovski is ahead of Bozak defensively, and is better offensively. Never shies away from physical play. Lupul/JVR-Grabovski-Kessel is what i want for a first line (if not other acquisitions are to be had).

That leaves Kadri, Bozak, Connolly, Colborne possibly, to have a really good battle going for that 2nd line role. Out of those players I think Bozak would be most suited, Kadri has yet to prove me wrong at the NHL level.

Grabo and Kessel never seemed to click, for whatever reason. Neither did Kessel and Connolly. I don't know what it is, but despite his obvîous limitations in terms of finish, at least Bozie has the ability to find Kessel out there. Its part talent and part chemistry that determines a line's effectiveness.

Grabo would only be marginally more responsible than Kadri. Bozak, more than both combined, but he's the least gifted, offensively...

I think Grabo is great. I also think he clogs up the 2 hole for other young guys coming through the ranks. Who knows, maybe a top line of Grabo with JVR and Bobby Ryan would click, creating room on the 2nd line for Kadri and/or Bozak.

Wait, did I just trade Kessel for Ryan?

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote