Thread: Proposal: Kadri centering the 1st line?
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 04:52 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I know everybody has completely written off Connolly ever being one of our top 2 centers and centering Lupul/Kessel again for us but he was a big reason why the Leafs were so good right out of the gate last season. He'll absolutely never be a fan favourite because of the passive style of hockey that he play but he does have the top end skill to be a legitimate top 2 center something Bozak clearly doesn't have. Connolly should be given the opportunity to win that job back.
I'm pretty sure Connolly was injured when the Leafs were hot @ the beginning of the season. Truthfully, he was pretty bad last season except for a short stint closer to the end of the season (when frustrations began to set in). He's not a good fit for Kessel either because he cannot keep up with the play -- he's too slow. Also, his passive style of play combined with slow foot speed are major readons why I hope he's moved to RW straight out of camp. I believe he could succeed from the wing and it'd take a bit of pressure off of him because his weaknesses wouldn't be so glaring

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote