View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 05:50 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I live just outside of Toronto and have seen ALOT of Kaberle. He has always been grossly overrated and has always been terrible in his own end.

The problem with Kaberle in the last couple of seasons is he doesn't take care of himself and he is losing his legs. He used to be an oustanding skater but he has really packed on the pounds and is now only average as far as mobility goes. He never did learn how to make the small plays along the boards as he always tried to skate it out but has now lost that ability to do so which leaves him as a nightmare in his own end.

Leaf fans are very similar to Hab fans in that the masses are mainly comprised of unknowledgeable, bandwagon jumping herds of sheep. It is these mobs that create hype or hatred towards their own players baesd on what the flapping heads in the media feed them. There are however pockets of knowledgeable Leaf fans (hard to believe but true) who couldn't stand Kaberle because he was consistently awful in the post season and in front of his own net. The sheep would point to his point totals but the intelligent fans knew to look deeper. Unfortunately the Toronto media are clueless and treated Kaberle like a star and this truism has permeated far and deep amongst NHL fans and media.
I agree isn't a top 10 dman in the league but he can certainly be in the top 60-100 range, which is what a bottom end top 4 dman is and what we need.

I agree he is soft and has his faults but he isn't no MAB defensively. (lol I better qualify that: when he wasn't fat & out of shape)

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote