Thread: Proposal: Kadri centering the 1st line?
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Ricky Bobby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I'm pretty sure Connolly was injured when the Leafs were hot @ the beginning of the season. Truthfully, he was pretty bad last season except for a short stint closer to the end of the season (when frustrations began to set in). He's not a good fit for Kessel either because he cannot keep up with the play -- he's too slow. Also, his passive style of play combined with slow foot speed are major readons why I hope he's moved to RW straight out of camp. I believe he could succeed from the wing and it'd take a bit of pressure off of him because his weaknesses wouldn't be so glaring
Your right, he was injured at the very beginning of the season BUT from October 29th to November 27th over an 11 game stretch he scored 12 points.

Connolly won't ever be your ideal 1st line center but he does have superior vision and playing making skills than Bozak has or will ever have which is why he should be given a shot at that 1st line again. Not saying he outright deserves it though.

Even if Connolly doesn't win the 1st line center spot I think he'll be here until at least around the deadline cause of his ability to shift between the wing and center, play the powerplay and also the PK.

I've been saying it for a while but CMac is going to be the odd man out if we have to make room for Kadri.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote