View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I can't see his skill set? I guess your an expert, you have seen him play more than me and that I don't know nothing about hockey.

Deschamps is REALLY underrated.

Was a very early 2nd round pick(35th overall) in 2008.
Scoring leader in the QMJHL in 2009/10 (tied with Sean Couturier).
Pretty decent first pro season last year(80-15-31-46).
Since he's with the Marlies, he's one of their best forward(Regular season: 40-7-23-30)(Playoffs:17-3-9-12). Also had a 5 points night in the regular season.

So Deschamps made a lot of thing that show us that he has top 6 upside offensively (High draft pick, scoring leader in the QMJHL, decent first pro season, one of the best forward on his AHL team on one of the best team in the league (Marlies), a 5 points night in the AHL, etc).

And if he doesn't make it as a top 6 forward (more likely), he can become a good 3rd liner/bottom 6er. He's fast, good two-way game and good defensively, backcheck, work hard, he's big, finish his checks, etc. Will also bring some offense to the bottom line.

Very solid prospects.

PS: Deschamps was the next call up if we didn't acquired Ashton. Yeah, people will tell me that it's not true and that I'm not an insider. I don't care, don't believe me I you don't want, believe me I if you want.
hi five my friend

good post.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote