View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Mine was also a deflection. I took the visor off once I was finished junior. I block lots of shots and I always put my glove in front of my face just in case but this happened so damn fast. Someone on the other team slapped it out of his zone to the neutral zone, me and a guy on the other team both poke for it, off his stick and bam, right in the nose. It actually didn't hurt that much, or as much as you'd think, you're in shock really. I put my hand on my face and there was no blood and I was like wtf? then a few seconds later...it was everywhere. I really, really don't wanna wear a visor but after this...I don't wanna risk losing an eye in rec hockey.
Wow that sounds almost exactly like mine guy took a slap shot from the point deflected up off a teammates stick right in the nose. I blacked out for a second but it was so short I was able to catch myself from falling all the way over with my hand, no blood or pain for a good 5 or 6 seconds and then I started leaking all over the ice. Still it didn't really hurt at all the whole time from the time I was hit sitting in the hospital til it was healed all the way. It broke and swelled up really fast though. I started wearing a fishbowl and was back playing the next day

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote