View Single Post
Old
07-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Not much fun? Next season will be the most fun we have as Sabres fans since Drury/Briere, I guarantee it. There will probably be a lot of mistakes, but we will see a team with heart and energy.
Quote:
One thing I like about next years team, Foligno, Ott, and Kaleta on separate lines. Foligno had nearly 50 hits in 14 games, Ott we know will bring top 10 hits, and Kaleta/Tropp will bring it. Regehr always high in hits.

I dont think the FN Center will be very quiet next year. Imagine those 5 players along with mcNabb and Weber sometimes, Myers taking another step physically. All in the lineup, its going to be fun.
Quote:
It will be a different Sabres team, for better or worse. Change has happened, hopefully its for the better.
Maybe the added physicality will translate into more energy on the ice and in the stands - possibly even rekindling the "hardest working team" attitude that was so appreciated in Buffalo during Nolan's tenure - but the bottom line in maintaining fan interest will be winning more games, either with a stronger offense or stingier defense. It's hard to see any of the roster changes promising improvement on either front as much as it will depend on the team minimizing injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
I'm starting to think there won't be any outside players acquired until after the season starts (whenever that is). I wonder if Regier is leaving that center spot open to help aid contract talks with Grigorenko. If after the season starts the need is obvious for a veteran center, then maybe a move is made with a depth d-man.
We'll see about that - we've all heard and seen Regier stay true to his mantra that a roster should be built in the offseason and tweaked at the trade deadline. It's hard to see him deviating from that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
I'd be shocked if a vet center isn't brought in. Or if he pulls the trigger on a splash. So no, I don't believe this is the final roster.
I'm still clinging to the olive branch Regier gave this past week at the Girgensons PC about wanting to add a center.....whether that ends up being a more significant trade to improve the offense (i.e. Stastny, Pavelski, Dubinsky, Filppula) or a lesser move to add some veteran experience for insurance behind the kids (i.e. Arnott, Hecht, Pahlsson, Moore), I don't know.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote