*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)
View Single Post
07-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind the lens
Yeah, Libbs, you're in H because I'm in I and you're right below me...just 20 seats down LOL
As for best and worst seats...
I like our seats at WFCU...smack dab between the blue-line and the face-off circles, in the end the Spitfires shoot twice. Halfway up...beauty!
Best seats in other arenas:
- I like the upper bowl in London. I've sat there many times and it feels like you're on top of the game.
- Most of the seats in Kitchener are fun just because it's such a cramped, steep bowl. Reminds me a bit of Windsor Arena.
- Any seat in Niagara...never had a bad view there.
- The old St Mike's Arena...SRO behind the benches, or top row if you prefer. So close, yet just over everything.
- Without any question - front row behind the benches in Peterborough is a waste of money. I've sat there a couple times now, hoping it would get better, but it didn't. You're almost below the ice, so you are looking as if you're a player on the bench. Anyone on the bench and you can't see a thing. You have to rely on the jumbotron to watch the game. Horrible!
- Anywhere front row that's right next to a bench comes in second. Players stand up, lean over, and you're done. I wouldn't even think about seasons tickets there.
I guess I just enjoy being a bit higher than the glass. Other than London, where even in the upper bowl feels like a part of the game, most arenas, when you sit higher up, you feel distant from the action. Never been a fan of that.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by OHLTG