View Single Post
Old
12-01-2003, 07:05 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
I don't think he was dead on about the commercials. My son plays at the novice A level in the Outaouais region. And I've seen some attrocities coming out of some parents' mouth. Last season, near where I live, a coach got beat up by a parent because the coach jumped on a pee-wee aged kid.
I saw parents at the Atom level ask for some player's head. I've seen some of my kid's teammates get bombed with criticism by their parents for their mistakes. The campaign is good. They should keep it.

Si le chapeau te fait, porte-le.

I don't know if it works that way elsewhere in the province or in the country, but in our organisation, parents have to sign a contract, that clearly states that if your behavior does not comply with the rules put forth by the Masson-Angers minor Hockey Association (do not yell at the kids, do not yell at the coach, etc.), you can be expelled from the arena. We all signed it.

Last week, the ref stole a goal from my son's team. I wasn't very happy about it, and wanted to shout something to the refs. My wife reminded me about the contract I signed, for the good of the kids. Sounds corny, but you gotta believe me when I say that parents go too far too often. I decided to keep my criticism to myself. I've been to Hawkesbury for a Initiation tournament 2 years ago. My son was playing for Buckingham at the time, and we were playing against Clarence (eastern Ontario team), in the semi-finals. One of the Clarence parents went bezerk. And we're talking about initiation hockey here...