Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Rick Deckard

vCash: 500
I think we're worse than last season right now.

Goal might be the only position we will get better results. I expect Bryzgalov to have a better season than 2011, he now knows the situation in Philadelphia (Media, expectations and so on), he's the undisputed starter (hopefully we won't discuss after preseason about Leighton as starter, like we did last year about Bobrovsky) and he should be comfortable playing in the system. ... It has to be a better year for him.

The defense as a whole got worse. We have a lot of second pairing defensemen and a good #2 in Timonen, it's a deep defense core without top-end talent. By replacing Carle with Schenn we lost a lot of offense, Timonen got a year older and shouldn't play the amount of minutes he always has to, Meszaros comes back from back surgery ... There are many question marks.

On offense we lost two big winger (emphasis last offseason, getting bigger on the wing?) and only added Fedotenko (15 goals in a good season). I don't think that the SOPHOMORE players can replace that lost offense, Schenn will get better (if healthy), Couturier will stay (more icetime, similar totals) and I expect Read to slump. We lost a lot of depth on offense too, last year injured players were replaced by Couturier and Talbot, both will be in the top nine for the upcoming season and we don't have similar players to step into their roles. Voracek is the only player I expect to have a breakout season, especially if he plays at Girouxs wing.

With the current roster I expect us to battle for a playoff spot, 93, 94 points and finishing between 6th and 8th.

Last edited by Rick Deckard: 07-16-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote