Thread: Confirmed with Link: Kulda signed by Sibir Novosibirsk (KHL)
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I saw this and literally thought, "Holden is going to lose his freaking mind".

Pretty anticlimactic though Holden.

I don't really care much, I didn't actually like him in the games I saw him play. To me he didn't show much hockey sense, it seemed like he played "what he knew", he would make the safe play 100% of the time, even if it was the wrong one. He'd also show zero creativity on any part of the ice.
Meh, I'm not happy, but even I could see the writing on the wall. I was just hoping that Jets management would wake up and make him the 6/7 defenseman. Just like I will continue to hope for a Cormier - Slater - Machacek 4th line with Miettinen and Thorburn as the extra forwards. But I knew/know that neither scenario is going to happen. Which is unfortunate.

Really I do think that Kulda will be back in the NHL one day, he is the exact type of defenseman that will greatly help a dynamic player (kinda like a Bogosian or Byfuglien ) to fully exploit their potential by being the safe dependable player that allows them to be dynamic without worrying so much about the result (see Drew Doughty and Rob Scuderi...). Somebody will recognize that one day, I hope. If not, Kulda will have a very long and successful career in a very good league, and with the best supported national team in ice hockey.

To say somebody like Meech is better than Kulda is hilarious though. Kulda still our 6th best defenseman, IMO.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote