Thread: u17 camp
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
I was also told by a couple of parents whose kids attended in Cornwall that all players were alerted to the fact that mid to late November the final roster would be set.

I was also told that the higher picked players did receive considerably more ice time, but that may just be sour grapes based on who was speaking.

At the end of the day if history can be a true indicator it seems pretty obvious that notwithstanding camp performance the team will be comprised of players who are playing in the OHL this upcoming season.

As a side-note, my son attended one of the first Brampton OMHA regional camps (there were 4). I thought it was well run. The challenge in my mind was that if this truly is a "Program of Excellence" as it is called and given all the scrutiny the palyers are under, more detailed assessments of each player would be refreshing and helpful (yes I know it would take time to compile). I suggested this to the staff after the camp, but given I have also heard the format is changing this may be a moot point.

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote