View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It would make sense to not match Lin in any context but this one. All Carmelo and Stat have proven is that they can limp into the playoffs, and yet we're going for it hard and fast.

If we're going for it you sign Lin and legitimately go for it.

The luxury tax to Dolan is a drop in the bucket when you then consider how much money he'll make from marketing Lin overseas.

And I was one of the few people here who didn't buy into "linsanity" when he was dominating. I'm pretty sure I remember getting called out for it. But right now he's better than Ray Felton and has the potential to be MUCH better than Ray Felton. If we're going for it, you bite the bullet.
I would normally agree, except Lin showed that he doesnt want to play for the Knicks.

Houston gave him an initial offer, the Knicks announced they would match it. He and his agent went back to Houston and told them to raise it so that it would be impossible for the Knicks to match again.

Isola brings up a good point -- Can you imagine if the Knicks did what Houston is doing?

Lin was cut by the Rockets because they felt that Dragic is better (he is). They lose Lion for nothing, then lose Dragic and give Lin an astronomical contract to return.

Idiots, if you ask me. They make the Knicks look smart.