View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Hey guys, I need an important question answered and figured I could get some help here.

Back in May, I visited your lovely city for a week. My Canadian ways led me to drink a beer in public, and evidently, I got caught by NYPD and was issued an open container ticket. I know, not too smart.

Anyhow, I was told by the officers that all I had to do was mail a money order ($25) and I was good. I then enjoyed my stay in New York. Fast forward to now, and I remember about this. I completely forgot to pay the fine and I have a court appearance scheduled on July 25th. Evidently, I cannot make it there. I'd love to pay the fine, but apparently I only had 10 days after the incident to do that (plead guilty).

The thing is, I did not have any ID on me and the officer wrote the address of my youth hostel on the summons. The youth hostel does not have my real address as I am not the one who booked the hostel. They have my name and DOB, but that's all.

I'm just weighting my options right now. Do I still try to pay it via mail and hope that they accept the (extremely) late guilt plea/fine payment? Do I let it go, hoping they're gonna dismiss the case since they literally have no way to contact me/find me? Or is there something else I can do?

Thanks a lot to those who can help!