View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
So what are the implications of the prospect camp? Is it to see who gets an invite to the big camp or is it strictly for getting the guys some work in and for the team to see who can do what? Either way, can we expect to see any of these guys at the big camp in Sept? Lauridsen? Cousins? Laughton? Those are the three dudes I am most excited for.
Lappy stated that this camp is not to earn a roster spot but instead to ask questions and grow as a player. They are invited for their own sakes to learn new skills and new practice techniques. They come to "work on stuff there isn't time for during the regular season.

That said, I feel that it is much more than that. As was stated here (or possibly twitter) Rinaldo basically has his roster spot because of this camp. Last year this camp earned Noebels a contract. This is also the camp that earned Hostetter a contract. So yeah maybe its not for a roster spot but it isn't simply to ask questions either.

As for the three you mentioned I'm sure they will all be at rookie camp with Laughton and Cousins being returned to their junior teams at the completion of camp. I wouldn't be surprised to see Laurisden at the main camp and get a preseason game or two before being assigned to the Phantoms.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote