View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 11:26 AM
  #95
zz
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If JIG is waiting for ALL hurdles to he cleared, both current and hypothetical, then Doan may as well select a new team and sign today. Further, I guess there is zero chance anything is completed before a new CBA is decided on.
That's what I'm thinking too. There's no point in setting artificial deadlines - they won't be met. Either Doan signs now with a different team, or he puts his career at risk and waits indefinitely.

If I were him, I'd sign somewhere else. Maybe a short contract, one or two years, in order to keep his options open. Although at his age, considering that his play has slipped quite a bit over the past couple of years, it may be wise for him to get the best deal possible.

zz is offline