View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 12:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's what I thought about him from the get-go. First he wanted to play in college against the Flyers wishes IIRC (they either only wanted him to play one year or not at all, don't remember exactly), which is not a huge deal but it raises some issues about his desire to do what is necessary to make it to the next level (i.e. what the organization that drafted you tells you to do). Then I saw him play in his first couple games with the Phantoms in person and you could tell that he was hesitant to go into the corners or make the tough plays. It may have been nerves or just inexperience, but it still raises some flags. In the NHL he didn't seem to have any issues with these things, but those first impressions can be telling of a young player like JvR. Like you said, the kid has a ton of potential, but not everyone reaches their potential just because they have it.
I know management wasn't thrilled about his College decision....and I do think he lacks innate motivation to tap his full potential..at least consistently but I do wish the best for him b/c he is fun to watch when he's got it all going. The injuries last year were just a death wish for him here...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote