Thread: Rumor: Sharks courting Doan
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 12:12 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I seriously doubt that. He'd be there already if that were the case.
I agree, it would mean he could probably never really return to the NHL. If he basically confirms what everyone is worried about with him (running to the KHL) he'd had a pretty damn tough time convincing anyone to give him a decent contract if he tried to come back at some point. Also, just because he's Russian does not mean he doesn't want to win a cup, and you can't do that in the KHL.

If he was going to run to the KHL, I think he would have done it already. I think he only does that at this point if there is literally no interest, and I doubt that highly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
or he will accept a 1 year deal in the nhl, but it still won't be less then 6.7 million.

he wants a long term deal, but there doesn't seem to be many teams that are willing to give semin anything more then a 1 year deal.
If he is willing to accept a 1 year 'prove it' deal, he could very well end up here if in fact SR is right and we did make him an offer. He won't go to a 'fishbowl' team. He won't go to a team without a top center to feed him (since the whole point is to prove he's worth a long term deal). More than likely though, he'd end up in Detroit if that were the case. Frankly, if I were him, San Jose is an ideal place to boost your career.