View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
  #108
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
I think there's a huge benefit in waiting for the new CBA if I'm in GJ's shoes. From what I've read, the owners want even more than last time. If they're able to get anywhere near what they're asking, that's more money in the owners' pockets. Why buy now when you can and see how much more money you might be getting in the future if you were to buy the team?

I have no doubt the money is there with Jamison's group. Zero doubt, actually. I honestly think the NHL and the group are just waiting for things to settle down. Then again, I could be wrong.
But wouldn't that money be there regardless of when he buys the team?

I don't think anything in the CBA negotiations will be so dramatic as to change Jamison's mind, and I can't think of any particular reason as to why it would be advantageous for him to wait around.

PhoPhan is offline