View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I agree, it would mean he could probably never really return to the NHL. If he basically confirms what everyone is worried about with him (running to the KHL) he'd had a pretty damn tough time convincing anyone to give him a decent contract if he tried to come back at some point. Also, just because he's Russian does not mean he doesn't want to win a cup, and you can't do that in the KHL.

If he was going to run to the KHL, I think he would have done it already. I think he only does that at this point if there is literally no interest, and I doubt that highly.

If he is willing to accept a 1 year 'prove it' deal, he could very well end up here if in fact SR is right and we did make him an offer. He won't go to a 'fishbowl' team. He won't go to a team without a top center to feed him (since the whole point is to prove he's worth a long term deal). More than likely though, he'd end up in Detroit if that were the case. Frankly, if I were him, San Jose is an ideal place to boost your career.
i'm not saying he doesn't want to be in the nhl, its that he just needs to think about coming down a lot on term. because he is just that much of sour milk right now, that nobody wants to give him a chance long term.

i know it was talked about lots in this thread about semin being a cancer to the team (it may not actually be true), but there is just that persona ringing strongly from every one in the nhl about signing him long term.