View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Jray42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I could see it happening. I really don't know what the fall-out would be. Let's just play make believe for a second. Trade Voracek and Couturier (two top six forwards), Mez (top four defenseman), top flight prospects we don't really have but let's just go with Laughton and Cousins, and two firsts. That would leave the team looking like this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Read
XXX-Briere-Simmonds
Feds-Schenn-Wellwood
Rinaldo-Talbot-Sestito
Shelley

Coburn-Weber
Timonen-Schenn
Grossman-Gus/Gervais/Whomever

Sign someone still available to play second line, if you don't like Rinaldo and Sestito on the fourth line stick Harry Z in there. That team still makes the playoffs and has a lot to build on moving forward, despite the absence of the players lost. I really don't know if I'd make that trade because it is one hell of a shakeup, but it would be a good looking team if the deal went down like that. Also keep in mind teams rarely get their asking price, especially when the player may not re-sign with the team.
I don't think that's a playoff team. Especially considering I doubt Simmonds and Hartnell have asgreat of seasons as last year( hoping though), that offense is anemic.

Last edited by Jray42: 07-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.