View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Teams get to know their character, yes, but how do you measure character to say Luke Schenn has more?

I don't care to rehash the dabate either. I just couldn't disagree more with that statement.
My personal assessment is not scientific..so don't go by me although I'm just gauging it from Toronto fans who seemed to endorse him as a person with a lot of integrity and character. This is not to say JVR is not lacking in it off the ice as well with respect to being a model citizen off the ice but on the ice he just seemed to show a lack of fortitude (although last year he was injured so can't judge him completely or fairly) whereas from my standpoint Schenn was misused and just tried to do too much but it was not for lack of fortitude from what I can gather so far. I mean I def think Schenn is more hard-nosed than JVR. Maybe I'm off base in my opinion.

As far as the Flyers assessment they probably have way more insight into JVR and I'm sure their scouts assessed Schenn's character via much more professional means. I mean the Devils have that down to a science ...they interview players and scout them to ensure they are willing to work within their system. That's why their players are always interchangeable it seems. I think the Flyers approach it differently but judging by the success they have had with late round picks..they seem to have a pretty decent idea of distinguishing between a Richards type player and a Zherdev...with the occassional outlier like a JVR possibly...who was chosen mostly b/c it was a weak draft after Kane and him...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote