Old
07-16-2012, 02:24 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I don't think that's a playoff team. Especially considering I doubt Simmonds and Hartnell have asgreat of seasons as last year( hoping though), that offense is anemic.
The offense isn't great, but that is still a playoff team. You still have one of the top guys in the league in Giroux out there and a number of complimentary players. Simmonds I see no reason why he can't duplicate his numbers, but Hartnell I agree he won't repeat. Schenn should have a solid season in his first full year out there, and there is still time to sign a guy who can score on the second line. To make the playoffs you don't need to be the best, you just need to be better than the other half of the conference. If the keys on defense stay healthy and the key guys on offense stay healthy, that's a playoff team. Maybe not a Cup contender, but certainly better than NYI, TOR, WPG, MTL, and TB. That just leaves a few of the fringe teams like NJ, CAR, BUF, and OTT, whom I think that Flyers team would be better than. They wouldn't win the Atlantic and likely wouldn't make it far in the playoffs, but I think that's a playoff team.