View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
tomf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I agree with both points. I don't think he'd take the 11M. But 9.5M? That's very reasonable depending on the length. Which I bet will be about 7 years max. Then again, this is how I'd think. Geno is by all accounts a better human being than I am.
7 years at 9.5M means that he would be 34 when it ends. Assuming you want to pay him the same money as Crosby that means 38M in next 5 years. Would you pay him that amount? What if he is shell of himself? Of course in 9 years when that question pops up it could be reasonable money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik View Post
Signing for 11 per would be great for Geno, but it would also significantly handcuff the team in terms of cap space when the cap goes down, albeit temporarily. Im sure he'll be well aware of that. . . This might be OT, too, but I don't see a max term length of 5 years being laid down on the new CBA. The owners look a little ridiculous for suggesting that after the lengths they've gone to lock players up long term.
IF the cap goes down I don't see salaries and cap hits of current contracts unchanged.

tomf is offline   Reply With Quote