View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
I only hope that Bergevin is smarter than Burke and realize that he should take his time to try to win instead of going on crazy trades to try to improve ASAP and ending up with a bit of a mess of a team while trading away picks that turned into Seguin... I'm not really worried though since it seems to be exactly what he is doing.

I expect next year to be a transition year, 2013-2014 will likely also be more of a transition in the sense that we should be expanding our core for the next 3-5 years with the addition of some of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Leblanc, etc. to the NHL team and they will get their feet wet in the NHL for a full season hopefully (maybe not all, but the best of them at the time). Do your best to win with what you got, but don't sacrifice young talent for vets.

In 2014-2015 is where we should try trading/bidding for some star player and actually aim at being a top team. At this point, hopefully some of our youth will have showed their worth at the NHL level and you could trade 1-2 of them and some picks for star players that are on the market and could help you win in the next 2-3 years (before Price or PK's contract start reaching their end). We'll also have a lot more cap space available with contracts like Gomez, Gionta and Kaberle coming off the books.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote