Thread: Confirmed with Link: Kulda signed by Sibir Novosibirsk (KHL)
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Meh, I'm not happy, but even I could see the writing on the wall. I was just hoping that Jets management would wake up and make him the 6/7 defenseman. Just like I will continue to hope for a Cormier - Slater - Machacek 4th line with Miettinen and Thorburn as the extra forwards. But I knew/know that neither scenario is going to happen. Which is unfortunate.

Really I do think that Kulda will be back in the NHL one day, he is the exact type of defenseman that will greatly help a dynamic player (kinda like a Bogosian or Byfuglien ) to fully exploit their potential by being the safe dependable player that allows them to be dynamic without worrying so much about the result (see Drew Doughty and Rob Scuderi...). Somebody will recognize that one day, I hope. If not, Kulda will have a very long and successful career in a very good league, and with the best supported national team in ice hockey.

To say somebody like Meech is better than Kulda is hilarious though. Kulda still our 6th best defenseman, IMO.
Meech is better than Kulda..... Meech is better than Kulda...... Meech is better than Kulda........... I said it three times and dont find anything hilarious about the statement......it rings pretty true.......
1) Meech beat Kulda out at training camp( Jets brass thought he was better)
2) Meech has more poise/ expierience (Detrit Red Wings and captain of Detroit AHL team in 2010/11
3) Meech had 9 points in 15 ice cap playoff games & was an even plus/minus and by all reports was the ice caps best defenceman in their playoffs.
note:Kulda did lead the caps in a plus 18 category in 63 reg season games but was a minus 3 with 1 assist in 13 ice cap playoff games.

as the Jets defensman pecking order stood b4 training camp started this year; IMO

6) postma
7)Clitsome
8) MEECH
9)Kulda
10 ) REdmond and Redmond was closing fast..........

Kulda thought his chances for Nhl employment was limited to injury reserve or he would have stuck around.........

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote