View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Yeah but for some reason I think Luke Schenn has more character to overcome the scrutiny here than JVR does in Toronto and I totally agree they are already setting him up poorly.

I like JVR and he has off the charts potential but he needs that extra oomph to his character/determination that seems too inconsistent. Maybe with more maturity that will come but it's definitely not an innate thing with him like with Giroux and now supposedly Cousins and Laughton who just have a passion for the game.

It seems the Flyers still have doubts about his mental fortitude and they have been pretty good of late with profiling players and their resolve...
I to am rooting for James and I hope this is a win win situation for both clubs. I just think he is one of those young people that take longer to mature than others. But there have been whispers in the organization for some time about his mental fortitude. With Schenn, I do not as this as being a problem. To be 18 and play in that city speaks volumes about the young man's maturity. But back to JVR. I do not like him at center. Wing is where he belongs for now. It will be interesting to see how he does in that circus up there. I wish him well.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote