View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

vCash: 500
Lol this thread reminds me so much of those discussions with people who defend illegal downloading. So much win.

Honestly, the way I see it is that knowingly buying fake jerseys is just selfish. Not cheap, not stupid. Merely self-centred. A product of our entitlement culture. Does it really matter that jerseys are ridiculously overpriced and that corporations like Reebok make hoards of money off something as stupid and useless as replica hockey jerseys? Since when is it up to the consumer to set the price on a product? The seller can set whatever price he so pleases. Supply and demand. If you can afford it you buy it; if you can't afford it, you suck it up.

In the end, though, it doesn't really make a difference to me. I simply have no stake in it. Reebok and the NHL can crash, the market can become swamped with fake knockoffs, the manufacturers of the fake paraphernalia can get rich, and you guys can argue about it the whole way. It's all fun and games to me. IMO, the people who buy fakes are just as silly (no, not dumb, just silly) as the people who throw away money on frivolous expenditures like authentic NHL jerseys. Not for me to judge.

And I probably just pissed everyone off. Yippee kay yay, boyos!

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote