View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
MurphyDump

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
So we apparently made an offer to Doan. Frightening thing is that report of an eastern conference team making a massive offer of 4 years and $30 million that was floating around a couple of days ago. $7.5 million per year is scary bad, especially for 4 years, for him.

So the poll is easy. Let's ignore the $30 million rumor. Let's say you could have either for $6 million per for four years, who would you rather it be? Doan or Semin? Or neither and go internally for now.
I read that the Pens offered Doan 2 years 4.5 per. Then I've also read they made a 3 year offer.
If some team is offering him 7.5 million, then have at him. There's no way I even want to come close to that price.

To answer your question, um, wow. 4 years might be too long for Doan. His skating isn't getting any better, nor is he getting any younger. As for Semin, he might only get better in those 4 years, however I'm not sure I trust Semin in a 4 year contract because of his apparent attitude issues, etc.

Tough question. I think I'd go with Semin, only because of age and talent level. The guy is masterful with the puck, has a killer shot, can skate, and would be a sniping winger for Sid.

However, I'd be uneasy with both.

MurphyDump is offline   Reply With Quote