View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I disagree. Adam Graves was the #1 Ranger in my life time off the ice with all he has done for the city of New York and for the residents. He wasn't a bad player either and without those 52 goals do you think the Rangers win the cup that year? I dunno, maybe, maybe not.

Graves # isn't hanging because of his on ice abilities and stats, it's hanging because he played a big part in 94' and because he was one of the most (if not most ever) loved Rangers of all time and for his off the ice charity work.

You could I suppose make a case for hanging his name up on the rafters and not the actual # but I believe they did the correct thing. Leetch, Richter, Graves & Messier all belong together hanging forever 1994.
That fact that you're using this to justify his number in the rafters speaks volumes of his talent. Sure he was a hard worker, but we should have high standards. Elite players only. Graves was never elite. We're the NY Rangers, an original 6 franchise not the Vancouver Canucks who put up Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden. The rafters are for elite hockey players only.