View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
The main reason why Bergevin this year won't do much is that he doesn't know what he has on his hands. He said it during interviews, he watched maybe one Habs game last year. So he doesn't know who sucks, who should we keep, who has jumped the shark here, etc...That's the problem with having a fresh, new GM, he'll want to analyse the group before making any moves. Remember when Bob Gainey replaced André Savard, André had made a few changes and every year he would hire UFAs and when Bob came, Habs stopped making moves like Bob wanted to see what we had. When a new GM arrives, it's always almost a starting over and everything slow down. I always view it as a the President and owners buying time because when a new GM comes in there's a grace period and the fans shut up for 3 years to give the new GM time to adapt. (although this time I don't see it happening lol)

I think if we would have hired a guy that watched the Habs in the last few years and knows the team like Roy for instance, he would have known whom to keep and whom to get rid of, he would have known what to do right away.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote