Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
There is an optimist within me that wants to give Bryzgalov the benefit of the doubt, and I pray to god that he improves greatly. But if he improves to the extent that he's capable of leading a team to a Stanley Cup victory, honestly, that would be a miracle.

We've seen Bryz play at a high level, yes, but even when he is playing well, he lets in horrible goals, is often very unattentive, is very slow moving side to side and looks extremely awkward playing the puck. Goaltending is a position where confidence makes an extreme difference, but you have to wonder if Bryz has the mental fortitude to handle the pressure of playing in the Stanley Cup final, now that he completely trashed the 2011-2012 season and his reputation in Philadelphia.

Bryz is not a normal athlete with a normal professional athlete's attitude. Seeing Bryz face the media every game made me sad to be a Flyers fan. He needs to sack up and not act like a child in front of the media and give some semblance of resolve and prove he's not as mentally fragile as I believe him to be.
This is a bold statement, Dr. Freud.

He is SC (i know, as a bakup) and WC winner, who played at the highest levels of competitions.

But talking about attitude, should you, perhaps, be more positive before the season start; and, may be (just may be), let the guy who has a history of playng well prove himself before you label him as a total failure.
I have been very critical of him and will be if needs be, but for right now he is # 1 goalie on my favorite team. He deserves a clean slate to start the season. And, by the way, he was not the reason that NJ eliminated Flyers in 5 games- you should put this criticism where it belongs.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote