View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
I'm not actually sure what transpired in tersm of the communications that went out, but the agents basically have to use their judgement sometimes in situations like this, to ensure the player gets the best offer possible. If for some reason, certain players weren't referenced in the same way as other RFA's, seems to make sense to keep it on an even keel and let all teams get a clear understanding of who is available. And if a better offer comes in round 2, we'll know they made the right choice, because there were teams out there willing to pay more. If there isn't a better offer, you're no worse off. In fact, if the player misses out on the first round offer because the initial offering team looked else where, you might be in a better situation.

But basically, when guys hit the RFA market, you have to know they are going to get a long look and you have to resign yourself to to be satisfied regardless of the outcome. You must have looked at the compensation chart and figured what threshold you'd match, and other wise, be happy to take the higher comp if a team went beyond that threshold, which just means you get better draft picks back.
A reasonable enough argument. I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I have a point. Releasing a fresh new batch of RFA's to the league for round 2 is not what I would call "even keel" with the rest of the RFA's.

But, I'm not going to win, and the arguments made against my points have been respectful and well thought out up to this point, so I'll withdraw my argument and move on. Thanks.

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote