View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 10:47 PM
adam94
BU Terriers

vCash: 500
I come in peace, just browsing the boards. Since this topic applies to pretty much every team of every major sport, I thought I'd give my two cents.

No one is a snob for looking down upon those who purchase fakes. Many people are strongly opposed to it, which I fully understand. I would never buy a fake either.

However, if I see someone with a fake jersey on, I won't call them out and make them feel bad. Let's say you were unaware of the difference between a licensed and a fake, and you simply went the cheaper route because that made the most sense from a consumer standpoint. You thought you made a smart investment, and suddenly someone walks up to you and says, "that thing you're wearing is fake."

Even those who already know it's a fake will still purchase it, probably just to save a few bucks. That's cool. Not something I'm interested in, but hey, to each his own. I won't think any less of you.

What it really comes down to is a question of, would you rather have a couple fake, crappy jerseys or one authentic (licensed), nicer jersey? I'm not exactly wiping my ass with Benjamins, but I waited until I could afford a real jersey. It's all preference and everything's got a trade-off, but I won't let a guy with a $50 sports jersey bother me.

adam94 is offline   Reply With Quote