Thread: Movies: Man of Steel
View Single Post
Old
07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugray View Post
Really? The only thing I remember from that movie is Superman lifts things. That's part of the problem with Superman, he's so powerful that every thing is super mundane. When every problem can be lifted away it gets kinda boring. Oh no, a falling plane, I'll just lift it up. Oh no, a mountain of Kryptonite, yea, I can lift that too somehow. Oh no, he's shooting me with a machine gun, yea, you bet ya I'm going to just lift that barrel and bend it. Falling woman, lift her up. Zzz....
I bet you know very little about the character. That's not a Superman problem, that's a story problem. Look, Hulk and and even Thor are very powerful beings, but Marvel made them work on screen. How did they do so? The story! Or, more precise, the villain! Superman is going to be boring when the villain is the very very awful/ancient version of Lex Luther(he is a much much better character in modern comics).

Ofcourse Superman is going to look too powerful and boring when his enemy is just some bald guy who wants to make lots of money. This is why Nolan,Goyer, and Snyder went with Zod. Zod is the perfect villain for this reboot.

He is just as powerful as Superman, and he is the better fighter(since he was General in a Kryptonian army). Plus, there is Faora, who will also be a worthy opponent for Superman in the film. Plus, Superman will learn a lot about himself through Zod, which is perfect for a reboot.

Superman is powerful, but his enemies like Zod, Braniac, Doomsday, and Darkseid to name a few are just as strong, or stronger.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote