Thread: Confirmed with Link: Ondrej Pavelec DUI
View Single Post
Old
07-17-2012, 12:32 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Well said, and the same thing happened to me on my 20th birthday. In fact I actually drove my buddy's girl home while I was at it. When he found out that I was gonzo when I did it...we didn't talk for a few weeks.

I seriously looked at my car parked outside(it was a house party btw) and I was like "yeah...I got this." only to start driving to be like this was a baaaaaaad idea. I got to where I was going(stonewall incidentally, so like 25-30min after I dropped her off). Terrible idea.
I, too, drove home after imbibing a couple. I went out to the sports bar after work with a few people and had 2 beer and a tequila shooter. I'm a fairly big guy (6'4", 270lbs at the time), but I was still worried. As such, I waited an hour at the bar and had a bite of something to eat, then drove home. Even then, I was nervous the entire time. Another time was when I went to a house party. I didn't take my car because I knew what state of mind I would likely be in by the time I was done. I don't even remember the cab ride home, which to me is pretty scary. Luckily, the only damage done that night was to my friend's screen door (I fell through it while trying to navigate over 20 ****ing pair of shoes that were strewn across the entrance way), a co-worker's coat that was draped on the couch (my hand reached out to balance myself and I knocked someone's drink off the bannister it was on), and I laid my laundry basket to waste when I tripped over it at home.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote